[OS X TeX] Word to LaTeX

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Dec 4 23:53:29 CET 2005

Well, that's not really what I'm interested in. The route I had in
mind would be – if it worked – much cleaner.

simon

On 04.12.2005, at 23:43, Paulo Ferreira wrote:

> Using Word and then converting to LaTeX?
>
> My dangerous and violent opinions:
>
> 1)  If you want a nice environment use Lyx
>  http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Mac
>
> 2) Dou you already have a Word Document?
>
>      a) Copy   the text into BBedit.
>      b)  From the Text menu choose "Zap Gremlins"
>            ( Word  places in the paste buffer strange invisible
>              characters that make LaTeX go mad... )
>
>       c)  Delete the "gremlins"
>
>        d) Paste into Texshop.
>
>         e) Format the whole document by yourself.
>
>         This is the fastest way, because you will learn a lot on
> LaTeX, and
>  later it will be possible to change the document the LaTeX way.
>
> Greetings
>
> Paulo Ferreira

Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97
8038 Zürich

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick