[OS X TeX] gtamachoefler and olstyle figures in LaTeX.

Greg Restall greglists at consequently.org
Fri Dec 2 12:06:28 CET 2005

On 01/12/2005, at 2:36 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>> The GTA efforts to get fonts working nicely is absolutely wonderful.
>>
>> I have a small feature request (or a request for information, if this
>> is already possible).  Can we get the oldstyle figures of Hoefler
>> Text as the default figures, perhaps with a package switch
>> \usepackage
>> [osf]{gtamachoefler}?  That would be wonderful, as the oldstyle
>> figures in Hoefler are gorgeous.
>>
>> Thanks for all of your work, Gerben, Thomas and Adam!
>
> We're close to the final release (of the first iteration, I guess)
> and the
> old style numbers will not be default. However, it is very easy to get
> them,
>
> \textsc{0123456789} in LaTeX and {\sc 0123456789} in ConTeXt.

Yes, I agree that that's fine enough to get them.  I just want them
everywhere instead of the other 'capital' figures.  In particular, I
want them in page numbers, citations, etc.... I'm greedy that way.
Is there a general package that someone has written that does this?
(Replace figures by smallcap variants?)  I know that some font
packages (like the fs500 package, for using the FontSite 500 fonts)
have an osf switch.

Cheers,

Greg