[OS X TeX] ScriptEditor has taken over .tex!

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Aug 30 22:45:17 CEST 2005

Le 30 août 05 à 21:52, Michael S. Hanson a écrit :

>     I believe a related topic was discussed previously on this
> list, but I wasn't able to track down the resolution (probably a
> wrong search term on my part).  I recently upgraded to 10.4 and
> have discovered that all my .tex files are now claimed by
> ScriptEditor.  If, in the file Info window, I try to change that to
> "TeXShop (version 2.0)" with the "Open with" option and click the
> "Change All..." button, the change simply does not stick.  Worse,
> that action appears to reset some other .tex files I'd changed by
> hand back to ScriptEditor!  Thus, it appears that I have to change
> each individually -- and *not* click "Change All..." -- to get the
> settings to stick.  Any suggestions other than hunting down and
> changing all 400+ .tex files on my Mac by hand?  Any way to prevent
> this from re-occurring?  Thanks in advance.

Rebuild the Launch Services database:

- Something I've tested: erase these files then restart (logout then
back in might be enough):

     /Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-*.csstore
     ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist

- Something cleaner (pointed out by Herb Schulz this morning), but
which I haven't tested:

     <http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031215144430486>

- Yesterday René Borgella mentioned the CLIX tool:

     <http://www.rixstep.com/4/0/clix/>

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>