[OS X TeX] First iteration of performance results

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex_2 at st.estfiles.de
Sat Aug 27 21:12:51 CEST 2005

Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

>  Le 26 août 05 à 16:35, Steffen Wolfrum a écrit :
>
>  > finally ... sudo time ./tex-perf.sh
>  >
>  > 24.29 real        18.15 user         4.52 sys
>
>  What did you do finally, that made this work? (Just to understand
>  what was wrong in the first place.)

It was all about the ending of tex-perf. Without
any (.sh) it never worked. And - I really don't
know why - my version of safari 1.3 (OS 10.3.9)
ALLWAYS saved Gerben's link as a txt file
(reseting and erasing the cache didn't change
anything). So my first attempt was to re-name the
file to tex-perf.sh, but that made no difference.
It only worked when creating a new file and
saving it originally as tex-perf.sh. Well...

But the only thing that really makes me wonder
is, why am I the only one having these troubles
with that file? Is swear I never changed any
thing to Gerben's distro (paths, owner rights
etc:), so why do I not drive the same machine
that you all do?

Steffen
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>