[OS X TeX] blank page output with pdflatex

Johann Philipp johann.philipp at web.de
Mon Aug 22 14:00:15 CEST 2005

Peter,

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. And
then, I probably misled you:

>> - The generated pdfs look fine in Preview, but actually printing them
>> (Epson AL-C 1100) gives white paper.
>>

> This is a 300x300 DPI laser printer with an HP LJ-III emulation. An
> optional card allows to print in PostScript Level and Level 2. How
> much RAM is installed? Could you print any documents from Mac OS X?
> Have you installed the right PPD?

I got the AcuLaser, not the ActionLaser. It's fairly new, and an
otherwise well working GDI printer.
But then, can it be, that there is a problem with the font encoding?
For me the most remarkable difference between the working postscript
version and the pdf version is, that the embedded font is encoded as a
7bit stream and a 8bit stream respectively.

Regards
Johann

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>