[OS X TeX] preview window "jump" in TeXShop 2.0

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Thu Aug 18 01:06:32 CEST 2005

On Aug 17, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2005, at 4:06 PM, Jon Guyer wrote:
>

>> On Aug 17, 2005, at 4:52 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>

>>> Now, if you could just turn the Powerbook on edge and flip the
>>> image by 90°!
>>>

>> You laugh, but...
>>
>> <http://www.kernelthread.com/software/ams/#SW_STABLEWINDOW>
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Does it use the accelerometer built into the recent PowerBooks (and
> latest iBooks too)? Do they mean that the Window itself rotated or
> does the wheel rotate?
>
> There used to be an external monitor that could be oriented
> landscpe or portrait and the screen would switch. That was under OS
> 9. I think it disappeared under OS X but there may be a newer
> version now.

Dell makes some LCD displays that you can rotate into a portrait
orientation. I have read numerous places that Mac OS X senses the
rotation and automatically rotates the video output to accommodate.
This is without installing any additional drivers. Go to:

http://www.macintouch.com/cinemadisplays10.html

and search for "rotate".

When you get the Dell, tell us how well it works. ;-)

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>