[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.4.0 released

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Aug 15 21:54:50 CEST 2005

Am 15.08.2005 um 18:35 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

>>     \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
>
> No, I think you're mistaken. The package inputenc with option utf8
> does some trickery to convert UTF-8 input into some sort of 8-bit
> dialect that LaTeX can handle. XeLaTeX does precisely the opposite:
> use UTF-8 input directly, without any preprocessing.

Yes, you're right! Sometimes the easiest things get buried ... Leaving
this statement off the file does not change the BoundingBox, of course,
the page-oriented behaviour persists.

I already thought in the afternoon of sending a message to the XeTeX
list -- could be someone on this list knows a way to 'clip' the output
page, or to crop it according to a know BoundingBox.

(BTW: I discovered the F8 key in Adobe Reader! I do need it.)
--
Greetings

   Pete

Think of XML as Lisp for COBOL programmers.

	-- Tony-A (some guy on /.)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>