[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT 1.4.0 released

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Sun Aug 14 21:31:01 CEST 2005

>     I just updated to 1.4.0 final for Tiger on a Mac that I just
> updated to Tiger a few days ago.  Previously I had 1.3.2 (or maybe
> 1.4.0 beta) for Panther installed on this Mac.  Now when I launch
> LaTeXiT, the app window opens but I cannot use it -- I just get the
> Spinning Pizza of Death (tm) and the note "Application not
> responding" in the dock.  Force quitting and relaunching yields the
> same problem;  no messages appear in the Console.  I thought about
> deleting the preference file but I don't want to do anything to
> lose the history or library, as I have a whole bunch of equations I
> need to access for a Keynote presentation for a conference in two
> days.  Thanks in advance for any help.
Gasp ! I have already been reported such a problem, but it was with
prior beta releases of LaTeXiT 1.4.0, and it was supposed to be fixed.
I think it is related to history/library background loading. You can
find their files in ~/Library/LaTeXiT
Perhaps can you send them to me, so that I can investigate what's
wrong ? By the way, LaTeXiT 1.3.1 is still available on my website
http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit.php, so I think you can try
again with it.

Pierre Chatelier
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>