[OS X TeX] Re: Version control of documents in TeXShop

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 12 11:19:34 CEST 2005

Am 12.08.2005 um 05:01 schrieb Andrew Kurtz:

> I also would like to be able to retrieve old versions for situations
> where I change something

Hello Andrew!

TeXShop has the option to use regular expressions, for example changing
in a marked region ^ to % or `% today's date´ etc. So you can have
versions of your text in the same file -- a much better concept would
be, to have one *master* file that just contains something like:

\documentclass{book}
   \includeonly{chapter1}%, chapter2, chapter3, ...
\begin{document}
   \include{chapter1}
   \include{chapter2}
   \include{chapter3}
\end{document}

TeXShop needs a special header for that master file to recognise all
inclusions and errors in them. The \includeonly allows you to optimise
single files -- and you don't loose everything in case you do the
unspeakable.

--
Geetings

   Pete

                   Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp!

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>