[OS X TeX] Getting TeXshop to show full pathname in title bar?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Aug 9 09:20:40 CEST 2005

Le 9 août 05 à 00:04, Jan Hegewald a écrit :

> Am 08.08.2005 um 22:16 schrieb Timothy Van Zandt:
>
>> With some big projects I am often editing files with the same name
>> but in different directories. Is there any way to get TeXshop to
>> show a full or at least truncated pathname in the title bar of the
>> document's window? I noticed that such displaying of the pathname
>> was added recently to the "Open Recent" menu...but not for the
>> title bar.
>
> In case you don´t know already: one can command-klick the mini
> document icon in the title bar to see and navigate thru the path.

There doesn't seem to be any straightforward way of displaying full
pathnames in the title bar on OS X. Even Mac OS Hints seems clueless
about this <http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?p=158006>.

The external editor BBEdit can display full path names in its
toolbar, as set by a pref Windows > Show Full Paths (at least in
version 7.1). I haven't been able to locate a similar pref in the
external editor AlphaX (latest version at <http://
alphatcl.sourceforge.net/wikit/>), but I'd be surprised if it weren't
there somewhere.

That said, where is this option to display full pathnames in Open
Recent… in TeXShop?

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>