[OS X TeX] convert bibtex file to endnote?

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Fri Aug 5 20:39:59 CEST 2005

On Aug 5, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Adam Maxwell wrote:

> On Friday, August 05, 2005, at 07:35AM, Aaron Jackson
> <jackson at msrce.howard.edu> wrote:

>>> I think Endnote likes MacOSRoman encoding, but I don't know if
>>> bibutils works with that.  I'd suggest saving as RIS from BibDesk in
>>> Mac Roman encoding, then trying to load the RIS file directly into
>>> Endnote.
>>
>> That definitely does not work.
>
> Can you be more specific, please?

Sorry.  When EndNote imports the ris file, not all of the fields that
are present in the ris export file show up in the EndNote imported
file.  For example, one entry in my .ris file is:

TY  - JOUR
AU  - Masao Iri,
AU  - Sigeiti, Moriguti
AU  - Yoshimitsu, Takasawa
TA  - Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics
MO  - February
IP  - 1-2
PG  - 3-20
TI  - On a certain quadrature formula
VL  - 17
DP  - 1987
ER  -

However, the only fields that are imported into EndNote are the
authors, title, volume and entry type.  The other fields seem to be
discarded.  This is with EndNote 8.

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>