[OS X TeX] Documents less legible with T1 font encoding

Armin Goralczyk agoralczyk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 19:27:56 CEST 2005

Am 05.08.2005 um 04:48 schrieb Axel E. Retif:

> On Aug 4, 2005, at 6:18 PM, Nestor Aguilera wrote:
>>
>> On 4 Aug 2005, at 18:58, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>>
>>> That is to say, with OT1 I
>>> don't get an otherwise correct hyphenation where an accent occurs.
>>>

>>  Also notice that the hyphenation, although correct with T1, may
>> give different results with CM-super and Latin Modern (guess this
>> is because of their design).
>>

> Indeed. I did use Latin Modern for a while, but now I prefer CM-super.

So to get this clear (I am a little bit confused): T1 hyphenates
words with accents or umlauts correct, but CM-Super and Latin Modern
differ?! Why is that? Does that mean CM-Super and/or Latin Modern
hyphenation is incorrect or not optimal?
--
Armin Goralczyk, Guttmannstr. 4, Appartment 2615, 76307 Karlsbad,
Germany

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>