[OS X TeX] Using Acrobat Distiller instead of pstopdf

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Aug 5 18:08:21 CEST 2005

On Aug 5, 2005, at 17:23, Timothy Van Zandt wrote:

> I was too lazy to write my own "personal script" for TeXShop. So
> instead I pretend with TeXShop that I am using ghostscript and I copy
> my sh script to /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf13, which, for me at least, ends
> up getting invoked by TeXShop. (This last part is clearly a hack and
> I'm not sure it would always work.)

Or you can give the following flag to simpdftex (altpdftex) in your
TeXShop settings

         --distiller prog
                 Use a distiller different from ps2pdf which is the
default.
                 Argument must be an executable or executable script that
                 gets called iwth two arguments: input file (PS) and
output
                 file (PDF). E.g.:
                 --distiller=/usr/local/alternate/bin/ps2pdf
                 --distiller=pstill
                 Using this flag sets the distiller filter mode to off

See "simpdftex --help"

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>