[OS X TeX] How to insert {braces} in Aquamacs Emacs?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 5 11:26:34 CEST 2005

Am 05.08.2005 um 11:03 schrieb Mika Luoma-aho:

> If I am reading Emacs manual correctly, pressing 1) ctrl-c and 2) {
> should give me {}. Instead, I get `C-c M-( is undefined'.

You probably press alt-( to get {, but the alt key is set to be the
meta key.

You could try this:

         (setq mac-pass-option-to-system t)
         (setq mac-command-key-is-meta t)
         (setq mac-option-modifier nil)
         (setq mac-command-modifier nil)
         (setq mac-control-modifier nil)

and maybe this is necessary too:

         (osx-key-reset-mode-map)

to have a more usual keyboard layout.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>