[OS X TeX] convert bibtex file to endnote?

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Fri Aug 5 09:24:55 CEST 2005

On Aug 5, 2005, at 2:35 AM, Jonas Wellendorf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a way to convert a bibtex file (made with bibdesk in
> the utf-8 encoding) to a format that can be read by endnote 7 or 8. I
> have followed the suggestions on the following two sites, but without
> luck.
>
> http://www.cvrti.utah.edu/~macleod/litbase/endnote.html
> http://www.endnote.com/support/ensupport.asp
>
> Is there another way?

I use bibutils:

bib2xml file.bib | xml2end > file.enl

Then do an Import->EndNote Import on file.enl.  You have to build
bibutils of course, which requires you to have installed the Apple
developers tools and doing a 'make' in the source directory, then
moving the executables somewhere in your path i.e. /usr/loca/bin.

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>