[OS X TeX] Code folding

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Thu Aug 4 20:14:07 CEST 2005

@ 19:31 on 4.8.05, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>But I will look up Omnioutliner and oXygen. Under no circumstance,
>though, can I give up TeXShop. After all, even though it had a
>reasonable outliner mode which I used a lot, I gave up—gladly if at a
>considerable price—MSWord.

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating either OmniOutliner (OO) or oXygen
as a TeXShop substitute (though there is a nice XSLT-based plugin for OO
for ConTeXt - thanks to Adam Lindsay). I was just using them as examples
of apps that have all 3 of these "features". (1) Folding, (2) a seperate
"tree" (in the case of oXygen) or "outline" (in the case of OO) view
*and* (3) a facility to navigate between "marked structural elements"
via the keyboard.

The point of it all was to see whether people would still want/need
folding in TeXShop *if* it had some other means of displaying the
document structure and an enhanced facility to use the keyboard to
define and jump to/between important "nodes" in documents and/or
projects.

mark.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>