[OS X TeX] New *EXPERIMENTAL* TeX release

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 15:38:05 CEST 2005

Le 1 août 05 à 15:24, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

>> 2. For those using Adam Maxwell's DVIImporter.mdimporter, after a new
>> TeX install the command "mdimport -f /usr/local/teTeX" needs to be
>> re-
>> run I suppose. In case the importer is planned to become a standard
>> part of the Mac OS X TeX install, would it be worth to include this
>> command at the end of the install stage?
>
> I could either:
> 1. Add the importer and run it when on 10.4. Adam?
> 2. Check for 10.4 and the availability of the importer and 10.4 and
> then
> run it.
>
> 2 has the disadvantage that you need to rerun the configure phase
> if you
> install the importer after TeX. 1 has the disadvantage that I become
> dependent on Adam. Unless Adam creates an i-Package for the
> importer of
> course.
>
> I'll go for 2 if someone tells me how I can find out if the DVI-
> importer
> is installed.

The command "mdimport -L", only available in Tiger, returns the list
of available importers:

legimc11:~ brunovoisin$ mdimport -L
2005-08-01 15:30:15.796 mdimport[6430] Paths: id(501) (
     "/Applications/TCOBrowser.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/
TCOImporter.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/Image.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/Audio.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/Font.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/PS.mdimporter",
     "/Library/Spotlight/Microsoft Office.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/iPhoto.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/RichText.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/QuickTime.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/Mail.mdimporter",
     "/Library/Spotlight/AppleWorks.mdimporter",
     "/Applications/NeoOfficeJ.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/
neolight.mdimporter",
     "/Library/Spotlight/DVIImporter.mdimporter",
     "/Library/Spotlight/Keynote.mdimporter",
     "/Library/Spotlight/SourceCode.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/QuartzComposer.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/vCard.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/Application.mdimporter",
     "/Library/Spotlight/Pages.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/PDF.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/Bookmarks.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/Chat.mdimporter",
     "/Library/Spotlight/Wolfram Notebook.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/SystemPrefs.mdimporter",
     "/System/Library/Spotlight/iCal.mdimporter"
)

DVIImporter.mdimport is Adam's one.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>