[OS X TeX] New *EXPERIMENTAL* TeX release

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 11:40:50 CEST 2005

Le 1 août 05 à 07:41, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> The *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory contains an updated TeX i-Package
> for testing (only the 2005 developer set has been updated and it
> contains a fix for a Mac problem which needs to be tested)

Installs fine here (2005 Devel). Two remarks:

1. The problem connected with use of a pdftexconfig.tex containing
the deprecated command \pdfoptionpdfminorversion is still there
(yielding warnings in the TeX log console in TeXShop). There are such
two files installed:

- one /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/config/
pdftexconfig.tex from 9 July 2004;

- another /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/tex/generic/config/
pdftexconfig.tex from 10 March 2004, containing the deprecated
\pdfoptionpdfminorversion but taking precedence (given its location
inside texmf.gwtex).

There is no pdftexconfig.tex created inside texmf.local. If I
remember correctly what Herb Schulz said, for the 2004 install, a
copy is created there without \pdfoptionpdfminorversion.

2. For those using Adam Maxwell's DVIImporter.mdimporter, after a new
TeX install the command "mdimport -f /usr/local/teTeX" needs to be re-
run I suppose. In case the importer is planned to become a standard
part of the Mac OS X TeX install, would it be worth to include this
command at the end of the install stage?

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>