[OS X TeX] TeXShop wish list

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Sat Apr 30 18:43:49 CEST 2005

Version 2.0 is very nice and a welcome update. There are, however,
some things that TeXShop needs to be able to do, IMO.

1. When TeXShop writes a .engine file, wouldn't it be possible for it
to set the executable bit as well? I usually forget to do this in the
Terminal window and end up with an error message when I use the new
engine. Annoying.

2. Virtually every program that has the ability to magnify/reduce the
view of a document has keyboard shortcuts to accomplish this -- often
this is dine by something like Command-+ and Command--. It would be
nice if TeXShop did something similar as well. The less I have to
mouse around the better.

3. Likewise, it would be nice to get at the TeXShop console window
without mousing to a menu to get it. Textures had Command-<zero> to
do this. I use the console window to keep track of information
gathered during the TeX run, which currently requires a lot of mousing.

I have tried to get around the lack of keyboard shortcuts for #2 and
#3 by using the Keyboard/Mouse control panel "Shortcuts" pane.
Unfortunately, there are no menu item for enlarge/reduce, and the
console window menu item changes with the document name. Frustrating.

If there are ways around these problems I'd be really glad to hear them.

Stephen Moye
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>