[OS X TeX] documentation

Martin Stokhof M.J.B.Stokhof at uva.nl
Sat Apr 30 15:26:28 CEST 2005

On 30 Apr, 2005, at 13:08, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> Where can I find documentation for the various styles available? I am
> looking in particular  for rotating and pdflscape but a search in the
> finder revealed only .sty files with that name.
>
> Thanks
>
> Themis

Try the command 'texdoc' in the terminal (without the quotes) with as
an arghument the name of the package or sty file that you want to find
documentation for. It locates any documentation that it can find the
system en local texmf trees and opens it for you. In the case at hand,
typing:

texdoc rotating

in the terminal opens the pdf file rotating.pdf in TeXShop on my system.

This feature was introduced in Gerben's teTeX distribution some time
ago; if your installation is old, it may not work. (But then it might
provide a good reason to upgrade ;-)

Martin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>