[OS X TeX] viewing printing TexShop pdf on a PC

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 28 18:09:04 CEST 2005

On 28 apr 2005, at 17:56, Peter Lichtner wrote:

> I am having a problem with viewing and printing a .pdf file on a PC
> created with TeXShop on a Mac. Everything works fine on the Mac, but I
> sent the pdf file to two people using a PC who could not print it and
> one had problems viewing it. Any suggestions on how to fix this would
> be appreciated.

How did you send the file? Make sure that if you use Apple's Mail tool,
that "Send Windows Friendly Attachments" is checked in the file
selection dialog box (it can be set in the preferences as well).
Otherwise PC users will not be able to open the file at all.

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> Suggest they try an older version of Acrobat Reader; I've seen quite a
> lot of compatibility problems with Reader 6 (don't have much
> experience with 7 yet). I recommend version 5 most of the time.

Version 7 is way better than version 6 (especially after disabling
about half of the plug-ins).

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>