[OS X TeX] Bibdesk choose fields and automate

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 28 14:22:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

Now I see what you mean. BibDesk is a good GUI for manipulating
bibliographic databases, it is not a command-line tool.
I've added some comments, as this is never going to work.

On 28 apr 2005, at 14:07, Ueliisa wrote:

> This is my engine code
> ******************************
> #!/bin/sh
> bfname=$(dirname "$1")/"`basename "$1" .tex`"

Practically all tex-related tools expect to be run from the same
directory as the main tex file.
bfname=`basename "$1" .tex`
pushd `dirname "$1"` # this may be superfluous, as TeXShop probably
does it for you already

> pdflatex "$bfname"
> bibdesk "$bfname"               <<== it looks not working and I did
> not found a doc yet

bibtex "$bfname" # will actually act on "$bfname".aux, but _must_ be
called without extension.

> makeindex "$bfname".idx
> makeindex -s "$bfname".ist -t "$bfname".glg -o "$bfname".gls
> "$bfname".glo
> pdflatex "$bfname"
> pdflatex "$bfname"

You might want to add some checks in between to make sure each step was
successful before proceeding to the next step.

Maarten

> On 28.04.2005, at 10:50, Ueliisa wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> once more I looking for a solution in 2 point for bibdesk:
>>
>> - how I must insert bibdesk to an .engine flie to auto run it
>> together all the others

See above.

>> - I want more fields to the bibligraphy as it shows by default.
>> 	 URL, Annote, ... Is it possible?

Yes, see the FAQ pointed out to you a few days ago. And please, do some
basic reading on TeX systems, the "Not so short…" introduction has a
section on how to actually run the tools from the command-line (IIRC),
which is a prerequisite for writing engines and shell scripts.

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>