[OS X TeX] Scientific Word / Scientific Assistant ?

Thøger Juul Thorsen thoeger at fys.ku.dk
Tue Apr 26 18:56:09 CEST 2005

That, or TeXmacs (www.texmacs.org), which kan be aquired via Fink or
DarwinPorts. TeXmacs is strictly WYSIWYG, has a great TeX/LaTeX export
filter, and it's got an extensive set of hotkeys which makes writing
most common math symbols and greek letters a snap once you've learned it.
It also serves as an interface for programs like Matlab, Octave, Maxima
and others.

On the downside, it has a very Win-95-ish interface, but it doesn't
bother me, really. It's not suited for making fancy layout though; but
for articles, reports and other minor papers it's great; And I think
I've seen quite a couple of books that could easily have been done in
TeXmacs, too.

/Thøger

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>