[OS X TeX] diagonal arrows in figures

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Wed Apr 20 21:34:34 CEST 2005

> I think you have misunderstood what was written above.  pdftricks and
> ps4pdf are only useful if you are drawing diagrams with pstricks.

Ok, thanks. I thought there was some magical way to speed up xypic.

>  What they do is save the pstricks portions as separate files then run
> them through latex and some other programs and then include the output
> back into your document.  I think the message above was telling you to
> use the same approach  with your document... save the pictures as
> separate files, process, process them and then include them back as
> complete graphics not as xypicts.

Hmm, Ok, sounds a little too complicated for my taste.

>  That way you don't have to process every picture every time you
> process your document.

There is the command

\CompileMatrices

which precompiles all xypic-matrices so that xypic only recompiles a
particular xypic-matrix if necessary.
However, even with "\CompileMatrices" it takes an awful lot of time to
load them all up if the document contains many commutative diagrams.
My computers is an 800 Mhz iBook , not the fastest model. Might have
something to do with that....
The "slowness" of xypic was the reason I got interested in "flashmodes".

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>