[OS X TeX] KOMA vs. memoir vs. ...

Ingo Reich ireich at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 14:01:50 CEST 2005

Claus, Maarten, Jeff,
thanks a lot for your suggestions, I think I'll give memoir a try, though I have to say that KOMA has some functionality which is really nice to play around with: if you want to, "typearea" calculates the (estimated) optimal page layout relative to the current font (and whatever parameters), and writes the  relevant lengths (\textwidth, oddsidemargin etc.) to the log file. So it's quite easy to use these settings as a starting point for page layout with memoir (or, of course, standard LaTeX classes).
Ingo

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>