conext-update package - WAS - Re: [OS X TeX] Font console messages

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Apr 19 22:35:25 CEST 2005

Am 19.04.2005 um 21:51 schrieb Herb Schulz:

> I have both the Y&Y and Berry maps set up and have no conflict.
> Maybe I've been lucky?

No, well yes, since you mentioned that you're old, older than the dead
ones and not having to work as long as the younger ones, but you just
don't read what's in the files!

The Berry map lucidabr-k.map and the lucida map lucidabr.map are
mutually exclusive because both use the same font names. The Y&Y map
lucidabr-o.map uses its own set of names. So you don't have collisions!

> Shouldn't the corresponding .fd files take care of any conflicts?

They can't. They just record which font name would be used for which
style -- or its substitute. They're usually generated after you've made
your mistakes when designing a set of fonts, font names, and font files
for a text style. The Berry map uses names à la his naming scheme,
hl*.pfb, while lucidabr-o.map adheres to some free style in file and
font names.

--
Greetings
                                  <]