[OS X TeX] Problems customizing report.cls

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Apr 16 16:35:40 CEST 2005

On 4/16/05 6:51 AM, "Daryl Basil Biberdorf" <darylb at pobox.com> wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Sorry that I must chuckle about "after a few hours and
> several test documents". Kyrie eleison!
>
> However, I express my appreciation at your sample usage of
> the titlesec package. Using it, I got chapter headings that I
> think will satisfy the thesis clerk. The only thing I notice
> is that I'm unable to shrink the distance between the first
> line of the chapter heading (the number in my case) and the
> top margin to smaller than 1 inch (2.5 cm). It bothers me that
> I can't seem to do anything about it, but it will not cause problems
> with the thesis clerk, I think.
>
> Thanks again for the help.
>
> Basil

Howdy,

I believe that part of what you're seeing is the large \baselinskip for the
large font sizes. That will exaggerate the vertical space to the baseline of
the first line of the heading. Still thinking about it. Did you try to put
in negative spacing for the vertical space above the heading? That should
shrink it further.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>