[OS X TeX] Tiger & TeX

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Fri Apr 15 16:28:05 CEST 2005

On Apr 15, 2005, at 4:20 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> The changes in Tiger are fundamental enough to want to drop support for
> older Mac OS X versions.
>
> Core Data, better net-connections in Apple Frameworks (currently for
> instance, FTP and proxies do not work in i-Installer because of the
> older
> frameworks, the Panther frameworks offer alternatives but that would
> mean
> dropping support for Tiger), HFS+-aware cli-tools, etc.
>
> Maybe it is time for a rewrite from the ground up to get i-Installer
> v3.
> Tiger-only. And keep the current distribution available for Panther &
> Tiger.
>
> If I only had the time to do it... ;-)

I would, of course, like to install it immediately. :-)  The only thing
that would stop me would be not being able to use TeX. With that in
mind ...

Has anyone tested Gerben's current installer and distribution with
Tiger? If so, will it all work as before and is there anything I should
be aware of?

In addition, has anyone used TeXShop with Tiger? Are there any issues
there?

Thank you,

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>