[OS X TeX] orphaned section titles (OT)

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Wed Apr 13 17:00:06 CEST 2005

A friend of mine, whom I have encouraged to use LaTeX, has
"complained" to me that he is getting some "orphaned" section titles
- i.e. section titles that appear as the very last thing in a page,
with the actual text of the section only appearing in the next page.

I have not been able to reproduce this and I agree with him that this
ought not to happen...

I appreciate any comments and suggestions on how to deal with this
odd behavior.

(while not specifically OS X related, the problem did occur using Mac
OS X, so I guess this makes it slightly on-topic)

Thanks

Luis Sequeira
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>