[OS X TeX] [Beginner] unicode support

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Apr 11 02:09:12 CEST 2005

Am 10.04.2005 um 21:34 schrieb Marek Stepanek:

> Hello all,
>

> I have to include in my texts Cyrillic/Russian text. So I started to
> install
> the ucs files in my texmf tree since two weeks now, to have unicode
> support,
> but without any success.
>
> I try to retrace the install process, perhaps you see my mistake
> somewhere :
>
> 1.
>     I search for all folders named "texmf"
>     -- and this is quite annoying, because already here it is
> difficult to
>        say which one to use. I found :
>        a) ~/Library/texmf/

This is your private area.

>        b) /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/

That's the system's one.

>        c) /Applications/TeXShop/Scripts/texmf/

This obviously is a private property of TeXShop! Isn't this mentioned
in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/README.howtexfindsfiles.txt?

>     I choose b)

An excellent choice.

> 2.
>     I create a directory ucs/ in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/

Have you seen these?

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/doc/latex/ucs
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/ucs

> Could somebody be so kind and give me a hint ?

You should move your ucs installation from /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf
into /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex. And re-run texhash!

Everytime you can check: 'kpsewhich ucs.sty' -- I get:

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/ucs/ucs.sty

--
Greetings

   Pete

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable
are arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.       -- H. L. Mencken

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>