[OS X TeX] headers and footers

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Apr 10 00:04:12 CEST 2005

On 4/9/05 4:38 PM, "lichtner" <lichtner at lanl.gov> wrote:

> I was wondering if some one could suggest a package for doing
> multi-line headers and footers and without producing a horizontal line.
> I tried fancyheadings but it doesn't seem to allow multiple lines and
> it produces a horizontal line at the top below the header which I am
> not able to remove.
> Thanks for any help and suggestions,
> ...Peter

Howdy,

See the documentation for fancyhdr to get the full information but

\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\setlength{\headheight}{2\baselineskip} % make sure there is enough space
\chead{First Line\\Second Line} % the \\ forces a new line
\lhead{LHead One\\LHead Two} % ditto
\rhead{RHead One\\RHead Two} % ditto
\cfoot{First Line\\Second Line} % the \\ forces a new line
\lfoot{LFoot One\\LFoot Two} % ditto
\rfoot{RFoot One\\RFoot Two} % ditto
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt} % make the headrule disappear

should do it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>