[OS X TeX] a problem with pdftricks

Sergei Mariev serguei.mariev at campus.lmu.de
Mon Apr 4 22:40:19 CEST 2005

Thanks Ross and thanks to everybody who has replied to the thread!
One last question that I hope will help me find the solution.

I did remove the rm line from Herb Schulz' .sty file  and had a look
at the new-example1.log The problem was trivial, it was unable to
find the file pstricks-add.tex so I made sure the file was there and
repeated the procedure. However, I did not obtain the desired result
and the problem seems now to be the following:
the .dvi file cannnot be converted to .ps, the error message says:
' TeX output 2005.04.04:2035' -> try1-fig1.eps
dvips: ! Couldn't find header file pst-eqdf.pro

If I run the standard pdftricks and if a use the modified version by
Herb Schulz, in both cases this seems to be the stage at which the
entire process is aborted. If I comment out the rm line that deletes
the .dvi and try to convert that div manualy by invoking dvips on the
command line, this is also the message I get.

I tried looking for this pst-eqdf.pro on the internet but did not
obtain any results. Is it a part of some distribution, where can I
get this file and where am I supposed to install it or what does this
message mean?

Thanks a lot,

sergei

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>