htlatex? (was: Re: [OS X TeX] htlatex, latin modern, etc.)

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Apr 4 14:40:31 CEST 2005

 > I thought the stuff was being created in and read from the
 > *current* directory.

This observation is correct for the present htlatex script (which the
i-installer provides). That is not the case for a few years old
script.

The old htlatex script tries to execute the following commands.

   latex  Documents/TeXShopfiles/filename
   tex4ht Documents/TeXShopfiles/filename
   t4ht   Documents/TeXShopfiles/filename

Each of the above commands looks for its file in directory
Documents/TeXShopfiles/. The new script tries to execute the following
commands.

   latex  Documents/TeXShopfiles/filename
   tex4ht -f/Documents/TeXShopfiles/filename
   t4ht   -f/Documents/TeXShopfiles/filename

The -f/ prefix tells tex4ht.c and t4ht.c to discard the path before
the file name.

 > So when pwd is ~ and you type
 >     htlatex
 > it goes wrong but when pwd is Documents/TeXShopfiles and you type
 >     htlatex filename
 > it should work.

That was the case with the old script. Under the current script both
cases should work fine.

-eitan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>