[OS X TeX] Images and movies in LaTeX.

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Sep 30 09:56:50 CEST 2004

On 30.09.2004, at 09:48, Andrea Riciputi wrote:

>> Pointers to packages that will help you:
>> ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/movie15.tar.gz
>> http://robotics.caltech.edu/~radford/easymovie.sty
>>
>> The latter claims to work with latex, but ultimate support depends on
>> the dvi -> pdf steps.
>
> I'll look at these packages, but it seems that they all need to be
> loaded after hyperref and graphicx, that can be a problem because
> prosper load hyperref and graphicx before.

I use both easymovie and hyperref in the same document and haven't yet
encountered any problems. easymovie works like a charm, there is only
one drawback: Preview.app doesn't display embedded Quicktime files, you
need Acrobat Reader to play them. AFAIK this might change with Tiger,
Apple has anounced that PDF support will be much better, but until then
you definitely need Acrobat. I have no clue about prosper though.

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97