[OS X TeX] How do people handle spellchecking of different languages?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Sep 21 21:52:28 CEST 2004

On Sep 21, 2004, at 20:55, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> As many others on this list I use TeXShop for writing and Cocoaspell
> for spellchecking. This combination is quite nice, since Cocoaspell
> can handle TeX pretty well. I just have one problem: When writing
> academic stuff I regularly have more than one language in one
> document; normally the main part is German and lots of English quotes.
> Most more advanced word processors offer the option to set the
> language per paragraph or even by word. TeXShop/Cocoaspell can't do
> that because you only can globally select one language.
>
> Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

A labour intensive workaround would be if you had your quotes in
separate files or in a separate file. If TeXShop would be able to
remember a language per document it woul dthen be possible to have it
checked.

I do not think the underlying engine supports a way to handle multiple
languages in one check.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>