[OS X TeX] Controlling BibDesk display?

Stephen Anderson stephen.anderson at yale.edu
Mon Sep 20 04:09:44 CEST 2004

I've generally been happy with the bibtex mode in emacs as a way to
maintain bibliography files, but people seem so enthusiastic about
BibDesk that I thought I'd give it a try.  It looks rather nice, but
one thing I can't figure out: how can I control the organization of the
display? Specifically, I would like entries displayed ordered first by
first author; within an author, by date; within the same date by
citation key.  I seem to be able to control the first level of sorting,
but I can't figure out the principle that BibDesk uses for sorting
below the first field.  How can I specify this? The Help file doesn't
seem to say anything about this, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks,
--
Steve Anderson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>