[OS X TeX] To bug or not to bug

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu Sep 16 17:35:05 CEST 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 5:53 PM, Alexandru Scorpan wrote:

>> But who invented this criminally insane so-called shortcut?
>
> This one
>> Cmd-C Cmd-X Cmd-V.
> ?
>
> That's just Mac's standard Copy, Cut, Paste.

My understanding is that it was invented by Microsoft for the MSWord
1.0, chosen closely on the keyboard for convenience. Finding the
command key missing on DOS based computers (Windows didn't exist yet,
the the Mac is a personal computer), this became control-C, etc later
on in MS apps that ran on top of DOS (including Windows).

Joe

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>