[OS X TeX] To bug or not to bug

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Wed Sep 15 23:06:15 CEST 2004

I wouldn't call them (TeXshop) bugs but they do bug me a little:

(1) At the bottom of the source window, left of the window-resizing
grab-square, there is no light grey band. I understand that there is no
need for a horizontal scroll window but when you select a chunk bigger
than the window, you must bring the mouse /below/ the window for it to
scroll and since I am in the habit of enlarging the window all the way
down to the very bottom of the screen ...

(2) When you have a split screen,  the two panes are not independant in
the sense that, often, when you do something to one the other one reacts
too. For instance,

    * when you cut a big chunk (bigger than the pane, therefore
      requiring a scroll) out of the bottom pane, what is below the cut
      scrolls up in the pane which is as it should be.
    * when you paste it into the top pane, the top pane scrolls down to
      show the cursor below what you just pasted which again is at it
      should be.
    * but what annoys me is that the bottom pane also scrolls up so that
      you have lost where you had cut.

Regards
--schremmer
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>