[OS X TeX] Convert ChiWrite to ... anything?

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Tue Sep 14 18:59:09 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 11:31:53AM -0400, david craig wrote:

> Anyone at all familiar with a program called "ChiWrite"?  It was
> apparently a Windows scientific word processing program available in the
> mid 90's.  I don't have any more details about it, but could probably
> investigate some more if need be.
>
> A colleague has some old ChiWrite files that we need converted into
> something -- ANYTHING -- useful.  Word, pdf, really don't care.  Any
> ideas?
>
> David Craig

CTAN has under the support directory programs chi2tex and chi2ltx.
I found a download link to cw42tex on
http://www.ouh.nl/open/eyn/chifaqs.htm

I believe that all these are DOS command-line utilities.

I don't know about cw4, but cw3 had an ascii format, so, if all else
fails, you can manually edit the chiwriter files.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>