[OS X TeX] letter size paper in tetex and TeXshop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Sep 13 16:41:50 CEST 2004

Le 13 sept. 04, à 15:25, Sylvan Jacques a écrit :

> I can't tell by looking if tetex and/or Texshop
> is using letter or a4 size paper.
> I want letter size since I am in the US. I recall when installing tetex
> that I was asked if I wanted letter size--I said yes.

The settings entered at the configuration stage of the TeX i-Package
affect all programs in the teTeX distribution (dvips, pdfTeX, etc.). As
for TeXShop, it's done through the usual Mac OS "Page Setup…" menu
item.

All this affects printing only, i.e. it tells the physical size of the
sheet of paper on which to print. It does not affect AFAIK the way the
page is set in LaTeX, i.e. it does not define the body, margins, etc.
of each page of text. This is done in the usual LaTeX way in the LaTeX
input file itself, for example by writing
\documentclass[letterpaper]{article}, as documented in the various free
or commercial LaTeX manuals listed at TUG
<http://www.tug.org/interest.html#doc> or at TeXShop's home page
<http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/>.

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>