[OS X TeX] TeXshop and Tetex

Sylvan Jacques vanjac12 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 13:48:42 CEST 2004

This note is for newcomers to TeX (actually LaTeX).

I put off learning LaTeX and writing my paper for a long time. But there are
great programs (I use TeXShop, and it seems to make things easy so far), and
many introductory documents, like "A Not So Short Intro to LaTeX2e", by T.
Oetiker et. al.

It only takes a couple hours to get and install the software, and
learn to start with a (free) intro. I use Gerben Wierda's great
tetex distribution and i-installer. Together with TexShop,
everything is easy and smooth.

Thanks to all who have made things so great for those of us
who need to write technical documents.

Van

=====
Van Jacques   vanjac12 at yahoo.com