[OS X TeX] TeXShop's %& ugly bug

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Sep 10 13:32:51 CEST 2004

Le 10 sept. 04, à 12:59, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> While I disagree strongly with the tone of Jérôme's original message,

Just forget the tone, the contents remain.
The fact is that we once had a chance to make a very neat and efficient
TeX environment on Mac Os X with

- unique applescript syntax
- unique TeX applescript suite
- unique macros format storage
- unique templates policy
- unique TeX source meta data design
- unique tex wrapper design

This seems more and more difficult as new TeXShop versions come out.

Notice that all the previous things, but the applescript syntax, only
deal with the data model such that the user interface is not concerned
as is.

I do agree that many users won't have time to discuss about such
things, but I was thinking that developers would feel naturally
involved.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>