[OS X TeX] Sente - New bibliographic app

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Thu Sep 9 10:18:18 CEST 2004

Simon Spiegel wrote:

>I just stumbled across this yesterday and it looks quite interesting.
>Sente ( http://www.thirdstreetsoftware.com/index.cgi?page=introduction
>) is an app for retrieiving all kind of online bibliographic data. It
>can access Pubmed, LoC, z39.50 servers and probably. You can create
>quite elaborate filters and it automatically updates your searches. It
>exports to BibTeX and EndNote. Unfortunately it's not free.

Its a nice app. I'm thinking of buying it after some encouraging exchanges with the developer. Exporting BibTeX to BibDesk is a bit clunky (goes via an intermediate text file), but it works. Adding (in the case of Sente) and improving (in the case of BibDesk) AppleScript support could vastly improve the utility of both apps.

BTW is anyone using Bookends and ReferenceMiner ? If so, any gotchas wrt BibTeX ?

mark.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>