[OS X TeX]

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Sep 1 12:19:21 CEST 2004

I don't understand this either; it worked for me when I tried the
%&program feature in a beta of TeXShop. The attempt to run mktexfmt
implies that xetex.xfmt is not being found, which makes me think that
TeXShop is calling xetex with a slightly different environment in the
different cases (so perhaps it's not finding the same texmf.cnf file or
something?).

The message
>> fmtutil: config file `' not found.
is, I think, a result of an incorrect patch to fmtutil by the XeTeX
installer (sorry; I'll try to get this fixed in the next release). It's
presumably looking for fmtutil.cnf. But in any case, it shouldn't be
trying to run fmtutil at all, because you've got the format file
already installed.

Puzzled....

Jonathan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>