[OS X TeX] What Happened to Latin Modern?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Oct 23 21:43:41 CEST 2004

On 23 Oct 2004, at 20:17, Herb Schulz wrote:

> On 10/23/04 1:10 PM, "Martin Stokhof" <m.j.b.stokhof at uva.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi Herb,
>> I can not reproduce the problem. Have you checked whether you have the
>> .pfb files in the location Bruno mentioned?
>> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/public/lm/ ; that's
>> also what my log file says that is being used.)
>> Martin Stokhof
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Sigh... they're there alright. I even ran a texhash (actually it is
> mktexlsr) and still things are not working.
>
> My Lucida Bright, CM-Super (after re-installing), Times (tmx, not
> MathTime),
> Palatino (w/mathpazo), Charter, etc., seem to work it's just that
> blasted
> Latin Modern.

I think I know what is wrong. LM configuration does not happen when
TL2004 is selected (LM is installed, but not configured). That means
that the map file is not updated. People having kept their texmf.local
tree will still have one which includes LM. But a complete new install
will not. A fix is coming.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>