[OS X TeX] What Happened to Latin Modern?

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 23 19:51:09 CEST 2004

On 10/23/04 11:08 AM, "Herb Schulz" <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On 10/23/04 10:45 AM, "Bruno Voisin" <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 23 oct. 04, à 17:42, Herb Schulz a écrit :
>>
>>> Just did the download&install in expert mode and tl2004 for the new tex
>>> i-package and the Latin Modern fonts are not there any more.
>>
>> They should be now in the main teTeX tree, for example:
>>
>> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/public/lm
>>
>> Aren't they there for you?
>>
>> Bruno
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Ahhh... If I just use
>
> \usepackage{lmodern}
>
> all is well. However, if I add
>
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>
> there is an attempt to create the fonts---which fails of course. The t1 .fd
> files seem to be there but something has gone wrong.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Howdy,

I spoke too soon. Using the lmodern package without the T1 font encoding is
just substituting the cmr font for lmr.

If I run pdflatex on the simple file

% file: lmoderntest.tex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\begin{document}
Here is some short text.
\end{document}

I end up with an empty .pdf file and the last lines in the .log file are

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex (file
cork-
lmr10): Font cork-lmr10 at 600 not found

and I'm lost.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>