[OS X TeX] benchmarking TeX - need example file

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Oct 19 16:53:07 CEST 2004

Stephan,

I copied a paper of mine several times and created a 1088 pages paper
including 160 metapost graphics.

To prepare the file for your benchmarking, first  comment the metapost
command with nowrite - and uncomment the corresponding command with
write -, and run my mpostcpl script; then, do the comment and uncomment
just in reverse. The file is then ready for normal typesetting.

On my machine, G5 at 2.5GHz, a single latex  run (with one of BBEdit
scripts) took 15 sec till the opening of the pdf file in preview.

Let me warn you that the source file is 2.3MB; it can be downloaded from

http://www.math.uni-heidelberg.de/studinfo/gerhardt/hochhaus2.tex

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>