[OS X TeX] CGI TeX processing (addition)

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Tue Oct 19 10:57:17 CEST 2004

JE> This is my problem: When I (user jan) start pdflatex with any latex
JE> file as an argument, my class is loaded, and a pdf file is produced as
JE> output.

JE> When the *www user* (via the cgi script) does the same thing, I get an
JE> error: It does not find my class file in /Users/jan/Library/texmf/[etc]

JE> That's why I tried setting HOMETEXMF to something invariable, trying to
JE> avoid the $HOME part, which is user dependent (so HOMETEXMF is
JE> obviously not /Users/jan/Library/texmf when the user is www).

Now did you set the HOMETEXMF environment of the www user or of yourself?
It should be set in the www user's environment. And then I have my doubts
that the webserver will execute the envirenment variable settings because
it doesn't log in.

So why don't you try to link /Users/www/Library/texmf to
/Users/jan/Library/texmf instead?

sudo ln -s /Users/jan/Library/texmf /Users/www/Library/texmf

And make sure the permissions in /Users/jan/Library/texmf are such that the
files can be read by www.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>