[OS X TeX] CGI TeX processing (addition)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Oct 18 21:38:40 CEST 2004

On Oct 18, 2004, at 12:18, Jan Eden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> adding to my own post: I read README.howtexfindsfiles a little closer
> and discovered the HOMETEXMF environment variable.
>
> So I tried setting it in the script first
>
> $ENV{HOMETEXMF} .= "/Users/jan/Library/texmf";
>
> which did not help. Then, for testing purposes, I hardcoded this path
> into /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf:
>
> HOMETEXMF=/Users/jan/Library/texmf
>
> No luck. TeX still complains it cannot find my individual classes at
> that location.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes. Leave the environment alone. What you did is already standard and
will not solve anything.

If it works on the command line it should work in any script, unless
the scripts damages/sets the environment in some incompatible way.

If it does not work on the command line, make sure you fix that first.

PS. I missed the original post

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>