[OS X TeX] Progress on TeX Live 2004/2003 i-Packages setup.

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Oct 16 00:33:43 CEST 2004

Given that the cat is out of the bag, I am going to announce this on
both ii2-announce and Mac OS X TeX.

1. A new i-Installer version is out: 2.68.0. This fixes a (remotely
possible) bug where i-Installer runs over the standard maximum limit of
open files in Mac OS X (this can happen with the new TeX i-Package
because it has so many files inside). It can be installed from the
*EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory (Known Packages) or from
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/ii2/II2-beta.dmg
2. There are now 4 i-Packages in the *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory
	• TeX (contains both a TeX Live 2003 and TeX Live 2004 setup, requires
i-Installer 2.66 or above)
	• TeX Support: CM-Super (works on TeX Live 2004 and TeX Live 2003
ffrom the above i-Package. May work on earlier setups as well)
	• TeX Support: ConTeXt updater (contains a very recent ConTeXt, works
on TeX Live 2004, as well as TeX Live 2003 of the TeX package above.
May work on earlier versions)
	• i-Installer (now at 2.68.0, I plan to release this pretty soon (say
in 2 days))

This means that with the exception of XeTeX (and that problem is under
investigation) the whole setup based on TeX Live 2004 works.

The TeX Live 2003 setup in the TeX package above is 99.9% identical to
what is in the current TeX i-Package that is in the normal
i-Directories like tug,org. Only listings.sty has been removed because
it turned out to contain a bug (which is being investigated).

These packages above have been tested by me and what has been tested is:
	From a clean setup: (complete uninstall):
		• Installing 'experimental' (TL2004) TeX and adding CM-Super and an
updated ConTeXt
		• Installing stable (TL2003) TeX from the package above and adding
CM-Super and an updated ConTeXt (which have the new structure but work
nonetheless)
	From an installed TL2003 setup (from the install above):
		• Installing experimental (TL2004)

To get forward, I could use some people trying the above experimental
packages in their own situation.

Thanks,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>